Friday 15 June 2007

Scrapaganza Day 2

I was up at the crack of dawn - well 6:30am anyway to be in time for my first class at 8am!!! Yikes! What was I thinking! Dawn & I joined MichelleS for breakfast then headed off to Melodee Langworthy's 31derful Memories class
my planner page for Melodee's class


Whilst I enjoyed the class and Melodee is a lovely warm & friendly person and a great teacher I was disappointed we didn't get the use of the famed chipboard corner rounder to finish off the pages properly. Still it was good to have all the stamps available and I managed to get all the pages done in class so I only need to get around to adding photos now. I also managed to purchase a gorgeous pink file folder kit from a class that Melodee had taught the day before at ScrapSalad ( a dutch scrapbook shop) and I am pleased to say that Melodee has very kindly emailed me the instructions so I am all set to go with that project as well...well whenever I have a minute.

my planner page for the Love Elsie class
I didn't have any of the Love Elsie papers when I made my planner so I "designed" my own freestyle paper. I loved doing this - just some splodges of acrylic (very brightly coloured) paint and some doodles.

This class was taught by one of the Dutch teachers (Peggie Severins - later to become one of my poker buddies!!!) and it amazes me how good the Dutch teachers are at teaching a class in two languages. You really don't even notice. This was my only LO class of the weekend and I managed to finish it in class - I was very pleased with it as it is pretty much my style of scrapping -


Grabbed a quick lunch and a mooch round the scrap shops in the crop room - there was a really good choice of scrapping stash available - lots of stuff you don't often see in real life here. And I picked up my Quickutz bargains - the complete SnowAngel gift set including full alphabet and binder for €25 ! No that is not a typo that is how much it was, and the Sunshine gift set for €45 or it might even have been €40...I can't remember now - but I know it was cheap. There were lots of other good bargains to be had but I managed to resist the temptation of the Quickutz Tote or the AMM Medium tote for only €15 each...but only just.

my planner page for the Junkitz class

After lunch was the Junkitz class taught by Stacey Panassidi. This was a calendar made using the Junkitz Decor Boards. It was a bit on the bright side though so I have donated this to kirsten to finish off. I did like the idea but I think it would be easy to make the boards yourself - they were pretty much just thin MDF boards cut into about 8" x 12", corners rounded and some holes punched in them (the cropodile will do that for you :D )


my planner page for the Fancy Pants class
This next class, taught by Michelle Grant was a bit of a disaster though not the fault of anyone apart from maybe KLM cargo and/or Fedex.

Michelle explained that the original kits had been sent and although they had arrived at Schipol they could not be located in the Cargo area. Accordingly some replacement kits were sent out but when these did not arrive by the Friday morning it was discovered that they had not left Utah due to a Fedex mix up( or whatever carrier they were using). So basically there were 200 of the original class kits sitting in Amsterdam airport and 100 sitting at Salt Lake but none at Egmond so poor Michelle had less than 24 hours to grab supplies and make a kit for us.

This meant that the other supplies she did have eg paint didn't match the new papers and she had to "borrow" some from the album track class - so it was a bit difficult to work with not enough supplies to go around. Still I did like the ribbon, papers, rub-ons and flowers we got in the substitue kit and well done to Michelle for keeping her cool in very adverse circumstances.

This class finished at 3:30pm so as my next class wasn't scheduled until 8:30pm I took the opportunity to explore Egmond a bit - There were some pretty little shops and I got some bargains in one shop that was selling Velvet alphabets for €1 and some little boxes of bling flowers and hearts - also for €1.

Picked up some Stroopwaffels from the bakers to take back home, and had a stroll along the front and over to the lighthouse.


After dinner I had a chance to do a bit of shopping...but I was actually surprising restrained - some scalloped edged bazzill, a few heidi swapp stamps and a Creative Imaginations Bare Elements Peek-a-Book book!

my planner page for the Rusty Pickle class



I loved the Rusty Pickle class - Lance Anderson is always funny - even if he is still telling the same McDonald's pickle story he told in November!!! Loved the mini-book done with the Chocolate Bunnies papers and there are always such great ideas in the Rusty Pickle classes.

Met up with everyone down in the crop room - unfortunately the Scrapaganza forum table wasn't very big so I didn't have a chance to meet up with everyone i would have liked to but hey there is always next time. Predictably I didn't win anything in the raffle but did have fun at the poker table. They were playing Texas Hold'em Poker with the chance to cash in your chips for stash after half an hour - Now I have only ever played this game at home with Robert and the kids but this is now Robert's main hobby as he plays quite a bit on line - obviously all his tales of flushes (hot!!! LOL ) the flop, the river and trip aces have been retained in my brain somewhere and I ended up staying in the game until half past one in the morning. I only got beat at the very end by a ringer!!! LOL - Dyan Reavely's son Ben...who had played quite a bit of poker before! Still it was a good laugh and I did win a "few" buttons at the end of it all!!! will be practicing my poker skills for next time I think. LOL

No comments: